CULTURE: The Single Coyote

Written by T. Ponder

There are several experiences, tales, and myths about the coyote. This article is an expansion of the Mythical Coyote. Coyotes are sometimes found in the wild alone or are sometimes in the wild in groups, but the differences of coyote interaction may force the coyote to be cunning. Gathering food or any other different behavior can bring the coyote out of the woodland. I've had an experience with a coyote that displayed The Single Coyote

During the late hours of the night, the single coyote came creeping through the empty parking lot. The cunning was stunning when I realized I was face to face with this animal. The distance appeared far; the coyote was too close. Its eyes glimmered from the light of the street-lamp. I quickly stood up from the bench. For a short while the coyote was motionless, it’s tail slightly stiff. I had no choice. I quickly searched my bag for a sharp object. I slightly turned my back and once I turned around again, the coyote was in the distance of the night. 

The coyote's figure was in the shade of the trees and the street-light. The cunning was stunning as I stood there looking like a jackass holding a sharp-object with no creepy coyote nearby - half mad, nervous, hungry, and energized. I couldn't guess that coyote's behavior, however, I was glad that I wasn't its late night snack. 

References:
Libravox
Iktomi and the coyote – Robert Frost 
Pacific Northwest - uncharted Forrest (T. Ponder)

Image: Wikipedia 

Comments

Popular Posts